Thursday 23 January 2014

He's Weird !!

He's weird, This is something I hear all the time from kids in the playground. 
They are right. He is weird, I get it, he knows that. 

But why is weird a bad thing? 

Why is weird something that makes children want to get away from him as fast as possible?

It hurts...... me, I have no idea if it hurts him but having people disappear as soon as you appear must effect you. It must make him less likely to try and be social. 

I dont know how to fix this, how to make this okay, how to teach them that he is okay, that he wont hurt them, That he might be Wierd but he is also Wonderful. 

Right now though he doesnt have the skills to be a friend, I get that. We are still working on it. In the mean time please dont run away so fast, please dont make it that obvious, Dont say he's wierd or strange please dont snigger or giggle at him.   


No comments:

Post a Comment